Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas for the Donahues!

Christmas was so fun this year!  Amelia is old enough to open presents and I haven't been this excited about Christmas since I was 10 years old!  Joe and I had planned to celebrate Christmas morning as a family instead of traveling, however, we ended up hitting up both sets of grandparents before the day was out!  We were EXHAUSTED by the end of the day but it was worth it.  Here are just a few highlights:

Amelia finally figured out how to open presents by the end of the day.  She still loses interest in them pretty quickly though. 
Joe got a toolbox for Christmas!  Just what he wanted!  I got my "momagenda" planner in bright pink--it was by far my favorite gift!

Amelia got a nice comfy chair from Santa.  It's just perfect for reading!
...Or just lounging around!!
Amelia's big gift was a kitchen set.  This will get a lot of use in our house I can already tell!  Amy sent some play food to go with it.  
Amelia in her Christmas dress.  All dressed up for church!
Amelia and Alisha getting ready for the Christmas Party at the local public library!
Amelia in yet another Christmas dress.

Amelia and her daddy spending some quality time together.
Clipo Clipo Clipo!  Thanks Grammy Quinlan for the clipo set!  Both Amelia and Joe will have hours of enjoyment with this gift!
I wish I had taken so many more pictures because we missed photos from several family gatherings.  Next year will be better and we'll even get some family photos.  It's hard to believe that Amelia will have a little brother to open presents with next year!

No comments: