Tuesday, August 12, 2008

VBS Craziness!

I'm the director of our local Vacation Bible School and I have to say that although it's been a lot of work, it's so much fun! We've had about 50 kids come through the doors and every day has been a little different. Today is day 3 and the kids seem really excited about the "Custom Cars" theme.

I think my favorite part is all the cool songs that we learn to sing.

I am so grateful for all the volunteers that have helped out--most of them have been doing VBS at the church for 5 or 6 years at least. Joe has also been a great help to me as the "tech master" and pretty much a co-leader.

My best friend April decided that she would bring her daughter to VBS and ended up being one of the key leaders for our Preschool group which was HUGE this year compared to previous years. Little did she know what she was getting into when she showed up that first night! Muwahahaha!! Our last day is Thursday so although it's been a lot of fun, I'm already exhausted and looking forward to my trip to Kansas City on Friday!

No comments: