Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Birth Plan

Well, I'm only 14 weeks pregnant but I'm already coming up with a birth plan for this new bundle of joy. I am currently seeing a doctor in a practice that does not allow VBACs (Vaginal Birth After a Cesarean). I had a C-Section with Amelia due to "macrosomia" (aka large baby syndrome) but part of me feels like the doctor talked me into it and played into my fears of having to have an emergency cesarean after hours and hours of labor. Amelia ended up being a "mere" 8 pounds 4 ounces and I feel as though I could have handled the labor!

Since I wussed out the first time, I feel as though I owe it to myself to see if I can accomplish a VBAC. I called my current doctor's office to ask about a referral to another practice that would do a VBAC. They gave me a hospital to call which led me to another practice about 40 minutes away. When I finally got in touch with THAT practice they told me that I needed an actual referral from my current doctor so I'll wait until my next appointment (in a couple weeks) before getting the referral. It took me all morning to get at least THAT much accomplished but I feel like at least the ball is rolling.

Hopefully I'm making the right decision and ultimately I will do what is safest for me and this little baby!

On a lighter note, we are having a wonderful time in Kansas City! It has been great to get in touch with our Kansas City friends and visiting my old job to see my old coworkers. Hopefully I'll get pictures uploaded soon!

No comments: