Thursday, September 11, 2008

17 Weeks!!

I honestly can't believe how fast this pregnancy is flying by.  My 20 week ultrasound will take place at the end of the month and I'll find out if this little baby is a boy or a girl!  So much has happened in the last few weeks!
I started feeling the baby move in the 15th week.  Really early for me as I didn't feel Amelia until 20-something weeks.   Joe even felt the baby kick last week (16 weeks).  It was a great moment for both of us.  I love feeling "connected" to this baby.  

I also went for my 16 week check up last Monday.  The doctor agreed that I can try for a VBAC but I can't do a consultation with the OB from Maine Med until between 28-32 weeks.  They said that as long as the baby doesn't measure over 10 pounds then I should be good to go!  I'm nervous but I'm also SO excited!

The baby looked healthy at the 16 week checkup.  The heartrate was 160bpm and I've only gained 5 pounds so far.  If I can keep it to 1 pound a month like I've been doing I'll be so happy.  The baby is the size of an avacaco (or an onion).  

My OTHER baby is also doing well.  She's talking so well!  She's really getting her "p" sounds down now so that she can say words like "up" and "papa".  She's still working on saying her name.  She can name and correctly identify her nose, hair, and hands.  I'm also starting to regret teaching her the sign for "more" because whenever I have something that she wants she just repeatedly signs (and says)  "more, more, more"!  

We've been going outside a LOT more lately since the weather has been so nice.  Amelia loves to just run around in the grass.  I'm babysitting a 4 year old during the week and it has been great for them to have someone else to play with.  They are both learning the meaning of the word "share" though (and that has been a little tough).  

Here are some recent pics:

Amelia playing in the pool at Liz's Apartment


Amelia with her Aunties at Deanna Rose Farmstead

Daddy helps Amelia ride the tractor!

Amelia loved to play in the backyard at her Aunties' house.





No comments: