Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Amelia is Eight Months Old

This past week has been pretty eventful. It was a jam-packed weekend followed by a busy week.

Saturday afternoon the Lisbon Falls Youth Group attended a Rush of Fools concert followed by a Portland Pirates/Providence Bruins Hockey Game. My father had bid on tickets for "recliners on the ice" for the concert and a guitar signed by the Rush of Fools band members. My father, mother, sister Becca, and myself were the lucky winners for the "on the ice" seats. It was pretty cold but overall a great experience.

Amelia stayed with her Grammy Donahue during the concert/hockey game. She visited some of Grammy's friends and apparently went stroller shopping. We got home to find an awesome stroller in our trunk as we were unloading the car. (Amelia gets to ride in it to and from the church now--so cool!) Although I do believe that "Babies are meant to be held" and it's been fun carrying Mia in her snugli, after a trip to L.L.Bean my back was killing me from carrying Amelia, and I decided a stroller is the way to go.

Sunday was potluck and I was able to try out Beth's famous (well famous to me) macaroni and cheese recipe. It was a big hit. I think I'm going to try to tweak the recipe a bit so that the timing works out a little bit better but lucky for me I live right next door to the church and can run in between Sunday School and the service to get it in the oven. The afternoon was a Superbowl party at the church and although I left at half time to put Amelia to bed, I understand that I didn't miss much :-). Poor Patriots.

Monday was my first day babysitting for a 2 year old. I'll be watching her two days a week, and we had a lot of fun. She's an adorable little girl and it definitely makes the day more interesting. I was amazed when I was able to get both girls down for a nap at 1:00 p.m. til about 2:30. It was great.

Amelia is still growing like a weed. She's at LEAST 23 pounds at 8 months. Still not crawling but can kind of scoot when she's on her back. She's constantly turning circles in her crib. I'll check on her and her head will be facing one way and then a few hours later her head will be down where her feet were. She's sleeping great and we're getting on a better nap schedule since I've been home. She's been really fussy the last couple of days and I found the culprit yesterday; She's got another tooth coming in. We've been using Teething Tabs and it seems to really help. Amelia is still not quite to eat table food yet but she's started eating Gerber Puffs and has done pretty well. She's just starting to really learn to chew.

We've started a new tradition in the Donahue Household. Amelia has been getting plenty of clothes from various sources so after I dress her (usually after her 9:00AM nap) we go into Joe's office and he plays "get the party started" by Pink and I usually make some comment about what Amelia is wearing (purple outfit by Grammy Unlimited). It's our morning fashion show and then we dance to the rest of the song. Tacky I know but it's amazing the wacky things that we do now that we have a child.

Joe's still working from home doing contract work. He's also been really busy with the teens at Church. I think he's about ready for a vacation already but I'm really proud of him. We are really starting to feel SETTLED and that is an awesome feeling.

Oh, and I also got a call from my friend Destiny back in KC who just had a little baby boy named Gavin Matthew. What a cute name! I can't wait to see pictures!

Speaking of pictures, here are just a few pics of Amelia from the last few weeks.

This is me having a little fun with the camera one lazy afternoon:
Here's Amelia with my mom and Becca. I love Amelia's facial expressions.
Amelia did NOT get these big blue eyes from me!!
Here's a picture of Amelia with her great-grandparents Ira and Lillian Berry.
I love this little girl!!

No comments: