Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Last Day

Today is my last day of work. It's very bittersweet. I'm so happy to be moving back to Maine to be closer to family but I'm so sad to leave all the wonderful people that we've met here in Kansas City.

My sister Amy and I drive out tomorrow morning at about 5:00 AM. Crystal will be flying home (with Amelia) the following day (Thursday). Joe and my dad will hopefully leave with the moving truck on Friday. So HOPEFULLY everyone will be home by Saturday! Then there will be only a couple days until Christmas. I'm praying that the weather will hold up for all of us traveling across the country (and for everyone traveling for the holidays).

I know that we'll be back to Kansas City every now and then though. We'll have to come back to visit with Crystal and for Joe to take some module classes. I will need to see how big Riley is getting and see Destiny's new baby. I'll need to visit with my old neighbors Rachel and Jason so that they can see Amelia as well.

Although I've already entered "motherhood" I feel that I will truly be taking on the role as it becomes my full time job. I'm sure that I will stay busy though (if Amelia starts to slack off or something). My first task as a Stay-at-Home Mom (SAHM) is to plan a cruise that many of us will be taking in 2009. We will be celebrating graduation for for a few, marriage for some, and taking a vacation from kids for others :-P Stay tuned for the details!

All that will be coming soon enough. For now, I guess I should get back to work. It's my last day after all :-)

1 comment:

Riley, Connor, and Beth said...

I hope you have settled in well at your new home!! I can't wait to see you Joe and Amelia again soon.

Beth