Thursday, August 2, 2007

Back to Work!

Ive been back to work for almost a week now. Amelia has been in daycare full time since last Friday. I've been doing okay with the exception of a minor breakdown yesterday evening. I wasn't able to go to the daycare during lunch and it is difficult to only see her for a couple hours in the evening!! On the upside though, Mia has been growing and becoming more and more social every day. When I picked her up from daycare yesterday, the note on her chart said that she had "plenty of smiles today!". Crystal said that the daycare lied as we all know that Mia did not have "plenty of smiles" but I want to believe them!

Mia does smile a lot at home and she absolutely LOVES her Baby Einstein Play Gym. There is a star on the top of the gym that plays music and lights up. Mia can watch that forever!! I want to get her a mobile or something that lights up for her crib as well.

Mia also has been sleeping a little bit better each day as well. Her general routine is to have a bath at 8:30 PM, Mommy gives Mia a massage with baby lotion and gets her pajamas on, then there is story time and a bottle with Daddy while they listen to some classical music (usually NPR) and she's hopefully asleep by 9:30 or 10:00. Mia will then wake up at 1:00 AM (Mommy gets this shift) where she gets her diaper changed and a bottle. On a GOOD night she will go right back to sleep within 45 minutes of waking up. Sometimes its a bit longer. Then she's up again by 3:30 or 4:00 (this is Daddy's shift). I sometimes help Daddy by changing her diaper while Daddy gets the bottle ready (Daddy has difficulty moving with any sort of speed in the morning). Then Mia will go back to sleep until about 6:30 AM. Joe has a habit of putting her in her swing at this time, but we've been trying to stop this so that hopefully Mia will be used to staying in her bed until "morning". Last night she slept from 1:00 AM until almost 5:00! I feel as though we are making progress!!!

I'm hoping that by the end of the month we'll only be getting up once a night but I realize that it could take awhile!

Now that I'm back at work Joe has really had to help me out with Mia during the nighttime feedings. We both have been pretty tired but we're making it! I've missed working and things are changing a lot at my agency but I also miss the naps that I was able to squeeze in while I was on maternity leave!!

No comments: