Thursday, May 28, 2009

Turning A Corner


I spend too much time wondering if I'm doing right by my kids and whether or not they will be "normal". I worried for a long time why Amelia wasn't talking yet when some of her peers were saying full fledged sentences. I worried when it looked like Andrew wasn't making eye contact with his mommy and not wanting to be held as much as Amelia did. I'm slowly learning after seeing the differences between Amelia and Andrew that every child is so unique (and special!). I just love watching both my babies grow.



Amelia is growing up way too fast for my liking. I can't believe she will be turning two next week. The little girl that didn't talk much now talks in partial sentences and talks NONSTOP! She lays in bed at night and says her alphabet or her numbers (sometimes up to 12!) as she's falling asleep. Joe thinks she's brilliant but I'm just so thankful that I can understand her! After supper tonight I asked, "Amelia, do you want a fruit cup?" and she responded "Yes!" Then Joe piped up with, "Amelia, do you want any Wolverines?" and received an equally enthusiastic response. While she ate her fruit cup in its entirety, we're not quite sure what she would have done with a wolverine. Just the fact that when she's done eating she now says "All done Mom" (or "All Done Julie" which she gets from Alisha) just fills my heart with joy.

She picked up Joe's laptop bag this morning and looks at me and says "Daddy's purse?". It was just too cute. Amelia has also been very interested in names lately and I believe she knows about 80% of the congregation of our rather small church. I'm so proud of her and so excited to see what she does next.

She loves doing "flips" (somersaults) every time someone walks into the house, and occasionally on demand. She also chants, "Jump!" and will hop from one end of the house to the other. We are hoping to bring her to a tumbling class this summer. I can't wait to see what else she gets "into."

And then there's Andrew. He goes by "Oodrew" 99% of the time. I can already tell that he's going to be my sweet and loveable boy. I love his smile. I love his tiny giggle. I love that he likes to look at his big sister. I would say that I can't wait to see him learning to walk but I'm not quite ready for that yet. I already know that these kiddos are going to grow up too fast!

I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love that Joe helps me put the kids to bed at night. I know that Amelia enjoys her "Daddy Fun Time" in the evenings too. I feel blessed that I can stay home and watch them grow and mature. I pray that Joe and I will be Godly parents to our children and provide for them the love and support that will make them successful and joyful human beings. What an honor it is to be a parent!

No comments: