Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The bink is gone!

I decided this week that Amelia would no longer have a pacifier.  She had only been using for naps and bedtime but at 17 months I realized that it was time to get rid of it.  The dentist said that it was fine for Amelia to have the bink until 3 years old but there was no need to wait that long.  I know that our new baby will have a bink and if I figured it would be that much harder to take it away from Amelia when she sees one in her brother's mouth.  

The first night was rough.  Amelia cried off and on for 27 minutes (yes, I was counting).  I had never made Amelia cry herself to sleep before but thankfully she was just fussing and not screaming her head off :-)

Yesterday Amelia fussed for less than 10 minutes at naptime and ABOUT 10 minutes at bedtime.  I'm so proud of how well she is doing!  I've put away every single bink that I can find so hopefully we won't see it again until the baby comes.  There is no turning back now!

November 16, 2008 at bedtime was the last time Amelia had a bink!!!

No comments: