Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cute Things

I always try to remember the cute things that Amelia does or says so that I can tease her about them when she's older.

Lately, Amelia's favorite book is "Moo Baa La La La". I love to read it to her and it's one of the few books that holds her attention. The very last page of the book says "(It's quiet now, what do you say?)" As I'm holding Amelia, I point to her belly and say "What does Amelia say?". Well lately, whenever I get to the last page of the book, Amelia automatically points to her little tummy. It's so cute! I didn't even realize that I pointed to her until she started doing that.

Amelia also says "mmm" whenever she takes a bite of something, usually whether she likes it or not. She's getting good at imitating her mom and dad.

Getting hugs from Amelia is a coveted thing among our family. So far, she gives hugs to both grandpa's but is not so generous with the grandmothers. She will also make the kissing sound but has yet to plant a kiss on anyone, even Mommy.

Amelia's getting really good at passing a ball back in forth, and this is the game of choice to play with Daddy.

Amelia loves to play peek-a-boo and will cover her face with a book and then pull it down and wait for a reaction. She will also come up behind me and squeal over my shoulder until I turn my head and say "Peek-a-Boo!". It's really so funny how much she seeks to get a laugh or a reaction out of people. It's really just amazing how fast she's growing and maturing.

No comments: