Saturday, October 13, 2007

Donahue Update: So much has happened in so little time!

I'm not a very good blogger as it has been quite some time since my last post and so much has happened between then and now. My good friend Beth has brought it to my attention that I need to update my blog so here goes...

So much has happened in the past month or so. The most life-changing event that sticks out in my mind is that Joe was offered a youth pastor position at the Lisbon Falls Church of the Nazarene and we will be moving to Maine in December. We will live in the parsonage next to the church. I have VERY mixed emotions about the move as we are incredibly sad about leaving Kansas City but incredibly EXCITED about what the future holds. I am hoping that Joe will be able to find a good full time job in addition to this position so that I will be able to stay at home with Amelia and possibly become a foster parent for one or two children. As much as I love my job, I love Amelia more and want to be able to spend more time with her at home. There are still several details that have to be ironed out regarding the move but I'm trusting that things will work out.

I hosted a baby shower for my friend Beth which was a lot of fun. We had several friends from work come over and share in all the baby excitement. Of course Amelia was present for the shower. She sat in the circle with everyone else:


Above is a small blanket that I knit for Beth. The colors match her nursery. I started the blanket while I was on maternity leave hoping that I'd get it finished before I went back to work. In actuality I just finished it early even though it's kind of small because I just didn't have the time!

I also made a diaper cake... a little "busy" I think but not bad for the first try.

Here is a picture of my coworkers Beth (left) and Destiny (right) both with pregnant bellies! Beth is due in November and Destiny is due in February.


Joe, Amelia and I were able to go home for a weekend in September to visit with family. I had to take Amelia by myself on the trip down because Joe left early to attend his grandfather's funeral. I was very nervous about flying with Amelia but Amelia did very well and the folks at Southwest Airlines were very helpful. Here are some photos from our trip home:

Amelia loves her Papa Quinlan! She can't wait for him to babysit her when she comes to live in Maine!
Being in Maine was very tiring... so many people to meet! Amelia could always rest with her Daddy though :-)
Amelia met her great-grandfather Berry up in Strong. She loved being held by him!

Here Amelia is at her grandparents house in South Portland. She loves being held by her Grandpa Matt!

Aunt Mary is holding her in this picture.

Her Papa came to visit her at the Donahues house as well!

Auntie Helen couldn't WAIT to meet Amelia! She was held a lot that weekend! There were parties at both grandparents' houses and so much food! Amelia stuck to her bottle though.

Amelia has finally gotten to meet most of her family members!

Amelia is now four months old. Time sure does fly by when you're working full time and raising a baby! I can't believe how much Amelia has grown. She's doing new things every single day! Here are a few pics taken just a few days ago:

The nighttime ritual at the Donahue household is that Mom and Dad both give Amelia a bath, then Dad rocks Amelia to sleep while Mom finishes some household chores. Dad really loves the time he gets to spend with Amelia and listening to NPR!
Amelia wearing a bright pink Baby Beehinds diaper cover. We still love our cloth diapers!
Amelia is looking more and more like Joe every day. It's quite scary actually.

Amelia started on solid foods on October 4, 2007 her four-month birthday. She's still getting used to it, but I'd say she's doing pretty well. Here is a picture of her first attempt. By the way she is sitting in a portable high chair that she received as a baby shower gift and it is very useful around our home. She looks slightly confused and a little disinterested but it was so much fun to feed her! We have been trying to do morning and evening feedings of rice cereal but mornings at the Donahue household can only be described as hectic. Actually, frantic might be a little more descriptive :-) Amelia is the alarm clock at home and if she doesn't wake up at her usual 5:30 time then we may be running a little late and has to settle for a quick bottle and then off to daycare. This is one of the reasons I'm so happy about the thought of becoming a SAHM (stay at home mom) because Amelia is the most happy and fun baby in the mornings and I feel like I miss out on most of that.

Also for news this past month I have gotten my gall bladder removed due to gall stones that were causing me pain. I had the surgery on Monday and went back to the office on Wednesday. It wasn't easy and I'm still in quite a bit of pain, but hopefully I will be back to normal next week. (What is normal though, really?)

That should bring you all up to speed. I hear a baby waking up so I'll have to write more later.

1 comment:

Riley, Connor, and Beth said...

Glad to see you listened to my advice and updated the blog, LOL! You guys have had a very busy month! I hope that the rest of October is a little bit slower for you.